The entire process of migrating or transforming an electronic digital record, or transforming a real record into microfilm or format that is digital
This guideline is granted because of the State Archivist under s.25 associated with public record information Act 2002
Leads to 2 versions regarding the record—the that is same or converted variation, as well as the supply record.
You want authorisation to destroy the original supply documents whenever you migrate, convert or digitise documents.
Each source documents disposal authorisation has a quantity of basic problems that must be met ahead of the initial supply records may be damaged.
The destruction of all of the documents, including supply records, needs to be endorsed because of the CEO or authorised delegate and should be documented.
Supply documents shouldn’t be damaged until quality assurance procedures have already been finished.
Note: See digitise documents for informative data on digitising and microfilming records that are physical. See migrate electronic documents for all about migrating electronic records from a single system or storage space answer to another.
Table of articles
1. Digital supply documents
This relates to electronic supply records as an element of migration or decommissioning company systems.
Digital supply documents have to be held for some time migration that is following transformation to permit time for you to perform quality checks and guarantee the procedure had been effective. This length of time must be predicated on your agency’s risk assessment done throughout the migration or decommissioning procedure.
The migrated form of the record should be handled and retained when it comes to retention period that is full. Give consideration to virtually any appropriate or company continuity problems that may influence the further retention associated with the source that is digital.
General usage of electronic source documents must certanly be limited to avoid accidental alteration. They have to additionally be kept and handled accordingly until they may be damaged. This is certainly required to make sure which they stay accountable, well-managed documents and certainly will be applied once again when they were not effectively migrated or transformed.
The electronic supply documents could be damaged using the General Retention and Disposal Schedule for Digital Source reports. This routine includes requirements that are minimum should be met before destruction may take destination.
2. Real supply documents
This pertains to real supply documents that have already been effectively transformed.
Real source documents which were digitised could be destroyed under Disposal Authorisation 2074 if particular conditions are met.
- Documents should never come under one of many excluded records categories.
- Records will need to have a retention that is temporary under an ongoing disposal authorisation given russian brides at sexybrides.org because of their state Archivist ( ag e.g. your core retention and disposal routine).
- Digitised reproductions needs to be available and held in a reliable system for the life span of the short-term retention duration.
- The reproduction needs to be a clear, complete and accurate content of this real supply record that is fit for function.
- Your agency will need to have developed and documented a process that is defensible demonstrates the manner in which you meet with the conditions associated with supply record disposal authorisation.
- Your agency will need to have approval for this defensible procedure from your ceo (CEO) or their authorised delegate.
Each agency must see whether:
- documents should be held in a certain structure to fulfill governance needs and whether such demands stop the destruction regarding the initial source record that is physical
- you will need to look for legal counsel to help with determining the possibility of destroying associated with physical supply record after conversion
- documents will likely be value that is permanent the long run ( e.g. where records are sentenced centered on importance)
You should think about your responsibilities and needs in addition to appropriate legislation, policies, criteria, and directives.
The following excluded documents cannot be damaged under Disposal Authorisation 2074:
3. Defensible procedure
You really must have a defensible process to meet with the demands associated with supply documents disposal authorisations.
A defensible digitisation, migration or transformation procedure indicates that you’ve got developed and documented a considered approach. It should be auditable or usable to show you could or have met all conditions that are relevant demands.
Proof of your agency’s process that is defensible be required when there is an event for which public information are lost because of negligence or poor procedure, or perhaps in a reaction to RTI needs, court proceedings, or a review.
Your defensible procedure must consist of:
- The procedure or process you used to make certain all exclusions to supply records disposal authorisation are found
- the actions taken during transformation to make sure that the transformed record is a whole, clear and version that is accurate of supply record, and it is fit for purpose ( e.g. quality assurance, danger evaluation, technical requirements)
- information on exactly exactly how the converted record will be held and handled in a dependable system for the complete retention duration ( e.g. electronic continuity and conservation procedures, appropriate storage space for the structure and retention duration)
- exactly exactly how as soon as initial source documents may be damaged
- the disposal authorisation accustomed lawfully destroy the foundation documents.
Your agency’s ceo or their authorised delegate must accept the process that is defensible. You don’t need certainly to refer this documents to QSA.
See extra factors which could additionally be incorporated into a digitisation that is defensible and migration.
Note: Any digitisation disposal policies on the basis of the previous policy and disposal authorisation can certainly still be utilized as proof of a defensible procedure underneath the brand brand brand new supply documents disposal authorisation.
4. Additional information
Disposal Authorisation 2074 replaces the immediate following:
- Digitisation Disposal Policy 2014
- Microfilming Disposal Policy 2006
- General disposal and retention routine for original paper documents which have been digitised (QDAN 656 v.2).
Disposal Authorisation 2074 was created with input from:
- Guide towards the GDA for transformed supply Records–Public Record workplace Victoria
- NZ Destruction of supply information after digitisation–Archives New Zealand
- Authority to retain public information in electronic type only–Archives New Zealand
- Digitisation Policy For Post-Action Conversion Records–RIM Professionals Australasia
- External agencies consulted
- QSA internal group that is working
Não há posts relacionados encontrado